Here’s a collection of my favorites from today’s reading:
- Doug Wilson on making regeneration an idol. I love the first paragraph.
- A comparison of prices. Apparently homes in Detroit and Williston, ND, are the same price.
- Rococo Cola
- Inequality – Necessary? This guy gets bonus points every time he mentions the book, The Bottom Billion. I probably should read it some time.
- Yes, this is how we react to indirect fire in a combat zone.
- Caught in a recursion:Congress passes a bill that makes it illegal for Congress to later modify that bill. Guess which bill it is.
- I’m not sure how this works: University makes waves by considering ability to pay in its admissions process. Was it adjusting tuition post hoc before? How would that work at McDonalds?
- I’ve got qualms of my own about the value of a college degree, but really it’s the second sentence in this post that caught my attention.
- As far as I know, all of my friends from my high school church youth group ended up in full-time ministry. I’m the only one who still holds a “secular” job. So this article has some pull for me. But I still harbor in my heart the hope that maybe, one day I’ll be a preacher too…